1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen

Interessante Beiträge rund um das Thema VR

Dieses Thema im Forum "VR Allgemeine Themen" wurde erstellt von Balmung, 2. Juni 2014.

1. Odyssey_Plus_Man gefällt das.
  2. Neue Art of Gaming Folge von ARTE, diesmal sogar mit VR Bezug.

[Edit]
    Scheint allerdings recht altes Material von 2017 zu sein, schade in den paar Jahren hat sich ja so einiges in der VR-Scene getan.

#282 SolKutTeR, 9. August 2021
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 9. August 2021
  3. Hey guys!
    I wanted to share this Idea Competition with you:
    For all of you "football/soccer fans" out there, the FIFA Museum in Zürich has started a Competition in which you are challenged to come up with the best idea for a Virtual Reality Experience you can think of to celebrate the sport.
    You may want to share some personal highlights or knowledge of the game, or have a special story to tell – just be creative and think about using the technology in an interactive way.
    Obviously, there are prizes to win! Find more information right here.
    https://www.fifamuseum.com/en/vr-contest/
    I think it's a cool chance to be creative, and the idea will be developed and released in 2022.
    Cheers
    FIFA_KeyVisual_08 (1).jpg

4. An alle: hier ein kleiner Beitrag, warum ich dringend davon abraten würde, an diesem "Wettbewerb" teilzunehmen, es sei denn, ihr habt nur so eine kleine "In 5 Minuten entwickelt-Wegwerf-Idee" und habt definitiv nie vor, damit irgendwie Geld verdienen zu wollen, egal wie gut die Idee im Nachhinein eigentlich ist und wieviel die Fifa daraus macht & verdient.
    Da die uns in Englisch anschrieben, habe ich es in Englisch gehalten.

@VR_Competition

For the record, the three prize monies for the top 3 selections are: "EUR 3’500 (1st prize), EUR 2’500 (2nd prize) and EUR 1’500 (3rd prize)."

But that's not the entire story to it. The contractual rights, as laid down in the Terms which one has to accept if entering the competition, are dramatically onerous and one-sided to the advantage of FIFA:

Article 14: FIFA Museum shall own all rights, title and interest (including the entire copyright, other intellectual property rights and electronic data) in and to the prize-winning entries (including all images, text, concepts, software and any other materials included or depicted therein), and derivatives thereof throughout the world, without having to pay any compensation to the winners. The winners will, at the request and cost of FIFA Museum, execute promptly all such documents and to do all such things as may be necessary to evidence the rights of FIFA Museum or its nominee(s) in the awarded entries and/or any derivative works.

So this not only hands over all intellectual property rights in the creative idea to Fifa Museum, with the sole compensation being the prize money, but adding in the derivatives actually means that I am prohibited from using such an input or any other implementation which is somewhat similar to it, for any other company, or my own business, and Fifa Museum could file an injunction against me and sue me for damages if I used my own creative output for my own good.

This is really bad. So by participating in the contest I shoot myself in the foot big time !

Article 15: The Participant acknowledges and agrees that FIFA Museum has the sole right to, in its full discretion, copy, publicise, modify or use in any other way and to transfer, exploit, sell, license or destroy, in its own name, the copyright, designs, other intellectual property rights and electronic data in and to the Participant’s entry, or entries, without any compensation except for the respective prize in this Contest.

And now it's even getting worse: so even for those entries, which end up empty-handed and not being awarded any prize, the SOLE rights to commercial exploitation of the intellectual property are granted to the Fifa Museum, effectively meaning that any use of my idea which could earn me money is prohibited !!

So let's illustrate what this means: say I have a great idea relating to VR & football, and enter the competition. Fifa Museum doesn't award me any prize, so I get absolutely zero compensation from Fifa Museum in return for my creativity & efforts. Okay, fair enough, that should mean I am free to go elsewhere with my idea and monetize it, right ?

But wait a minute: it says Fifa Museum have the SOLE right ! So although Fifa Museum do not grant me any compensation at all, it owns MY idea, MY concept and can go on and exploit it potentially for millions of Euros in profits and I still will get ZERO compensation till the day I die !

Wow, that's really spectacularly unfair !

And the of course Fifa Museum is granted all indemnification rights to sue me into oblivion if I would ever commit a breach against these unfair terms, including any kind of indirect damages, i.e. damages which I haven't directly caused but e.g. losses of profit Fifa Museum could theoretically have earned if I had not commercialized my non-awarded idea elsewhere:

Article 17: The Participant warrants, represents and undertakes to fully indemnify FIFA Museum and to hold it harmless against any and all claims, liabilities, obligations, costs and expenses, which may be incurred or suffered by FIFA Museum in relation to any violation of these Terms. This indemnification particularly includes any claims for damages (including indirect damages, or consequential damages) and any legal costs and costs payable to other parties or incurred by FIFA Museum.

So, to wrap it up, I would rather pin needles into my eyes than to enter into this kind of a competition, which is just a mean attempt to pick our brains for cheap and then reap all fruit from it while prohibiting us to use our own creative output.

How typically Fifa - absolute, unlimited and insatiable greed as the only virtue. Congratulations of representing Fifa with its core values at full display.

#284 axacuatl, 10. September 2021
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 10. September 2021
    Rocco, DaFunkShun und SolKutTeR gefällt das.
  5. Hab mirs auch mal angeschaut und ja; knallharter Knebelvertrag, den man hier eingehen würde. Das ganze ist zwar sicherlich legal (der Teilnehmer stimmt ja allen Terms zu, auch wenn die wenigsten das wirklich lesen...), aber wie Du sagst @axacuatl, dient es nur dazu Ideen abzufischen und den Urheber anschließend zu enteignen, so gut es rechtlich nur geht. Also: wer ne wirklich wertvolle Idee hat, die eines Tages vlt. wertvoller als 3500 EUR ist, lieber woanders verwerten... meine Güte; was für ein Verein.

DaFunkShun gefällt das.
  6. Der eigentliche Hammer hier ist ja, dass die Fifa nicht nur die Rechte an den Gewinner Beiträgen, die dann mit den 3 Preisgeldern quittiert werden, einstreichen will - das würde ich ja noch gerade so verstehen, da sie es dann umsetzen wollen und natürlich keine große Tantiemen Diskussion haben wollen. Sondern an allen Einsendungen schnappen sie sich die Rechte, sogar bei denen, die sie im Prinzip - was eine Belohnung angeht - komplett untätig bleiben !

Und wo Rechte an Derivatives angesprochen werden: wenn ihr dann diese Idee ähnlich für ein Basketballspiel umsetzen wollte, weil euch irgendwann aufgegangen ist, dass es ja schon ein cooles Spielprinzip ist - Pustekuchen, die Fifa verklagt euch bis in die Hölle, und wird sich alles unter den Nagel reißen, was es an kommerziellen Wert hat !

Der faire Weg wäre - sogar egal ob Preisgeld oder nicht, weil die Beträge ja echt Peanuts sind - bei Umsetzung des Konzepts dem Urheber irgendwelche Art von License Fees zukommen zu lassen, wenn auch nicht notwendigerweise üppig: je nach Umsetzung und Profiterzeugung kann dadurch im Laufe der Zeit doch ein stattliches Sümmchen zusammenkommen.

Stellt euch vor, es ist so genial, dass später ein VR Spiel darauf basierend entwickelt und Millionenfach verkauft wird - ihr, der geistige Urheber, ginge dann komplett leer aus bis auf die mickrigen 3.500,- für den ersten Preis, oder eben noch weniger bis hin zu genau 0,-.

Das ist, wie man es auch betrachten will, einfach nur extrem benachteiligend und zeigt eine dreiste Grundhaltung: wir bei der Fifa haben keinen Plan von der Technologie und sind zu geizig um Experten dafür zu bezahlen, stattdessen versuchen wir gleich eine ganze Anzahl an fachkundigen Menschen für uns denken, tüfteln zu lassen, fischen deren Ideen gleich mal komplett ab und entkleiden sie dann zu guter Letzt all ihrer Rechte (die Urheberrechte bleiben zwar in der Theorie beim Urheber, aber wirtschaftlich sind sie so wertlos geworden weil alle Verwertungsrechte futsch sind).

Ausgesprochen unsympathische Herangehensweise. Leider genau so, wie man sich vorstellt, wie die Schergen bei der Fifa denken, ganz dem Vorbild ihrer korrupten Leitung folgend. Entsetzt mich allerdings, dass sich das bis in solche Projekte durchzieht, diese Mentalität der Profitmaximierung ohne jegliche Rücksicht auf die, und Teilhabe von denen, die ihnen diese Profite überhaupt erst einbringen.

7. Hier mal ein Artikel von Medium der eine andere Seite der VR aufzeigt.

[​IMG]
    The Dark Side of Virtual Reality

We love the technology of Virtual Reality for its magical ability to transport us to fantastic worlds, and in so doing, provide transformative experiences. As enthusiasts, we usually highlight these advantages, where VR technology can provide new perspectives on the structure of reality as well as on our selves. There is, however, potentially more to the effects of experiencing virtuality than the development of a positively, reconsidered relationship to reality. The technology may also potentiate the suffering of a disorder that impacts the way we relate to ourselves as well as reality itself. Weiterlesen →

Haaalolo und Rocco gefällt das.
  8. Nicht das wir eine neue Form von Rinderwahn bekommen :LOL:...
    https://web.de/magazine/wissen/natu...kelt-kuehen-vr-brillen-gruene-wiesen-36508736

9. Vor allem da sie pro Auge jeweils das linke und rechte Bild sehen... aber gut, wenn alles nur Wiese und blauen Himmel zeigt, wohl nicht so verwirrend.

komisch und dstar gefällt das.
  10. Die gucken Quadrophonisch, daher auch die Kugelaugen.

Vermutlich würde ne Grüne Augenklappe schon genügen um die Glückshormone anzukurbeln. Und Mozart nicht vergessen.